With final exams around the corner, college students flock to libraries and rev up for all-night study sessions. As stress levels increase and sleep declines, students’ ability to fend off sickness becomes more difficult and their chances of catching a virus are better than ever.
During finals there is no time to be sick! In honor of National Public Health Week, MeMD, an online health care service, is offering college students in California and Arizona a free online physician consultation from Monday, April 2, through Friday, April 6.
“Finals can be a stressful time, and getting sick makes studying more challenging. That’s why we want to give college students a free medical consult they can get right from their computers, right from their dorm rooms,” says Dr. John Shufeldt, MeMD CEO. “College students are accustomed to instant information and service at their fingertips. MeMD’s online health care service is the new wave of medical technology and a logical fit for the college lifestyle. MeMD is available essentially wherever they are whenever they need it.”
Students can consult a family physician on their personal computer from the privacy of their room which would save them a trip to the campus health clinic. If a prescription is needed, the MeMD physician will send the prescription to the patient’s nearest pharmacy. Online physicians commonly treat: the cold, flu, allergies, sinus infections, nausea/vomiting, sunburns, sore throats, rashes, cold sores, urinary tract infections and more.
“With MeMD, we are trying to level the playing the field when it comes to accessing quality health care. College students are one of those groups that get overlooked in primary medicine,” said Shufeldt. “Since this group are early adopters to technology, they should find themselves right at home (literally) when they use the online service.”
To consult a physician online, visit http://www.MeMD.me. Doctors are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 8pm, and Saturday and Sunday from 8am to 6pm. MeMD medical consultations normally cost $39.95.
How to get a free MeMD physician consultation:
- Visit MeMD.com/care-week to locate promotion email address.
- Send an email from your school “.edu” address to receive the promotion code
- Sign up and sign in – Create your secure account using your school email address. Then, using the promotion code, log in for an online web cam consultation with a medical provider.
- Consult a doctor – Receive professional health care provided through your web cam from a family physician licensed to practice in your state.
- Get treatment to get better – MeMD physicians will recommend the right treatment for the patient. If a prescription is needed, it can be electronically sent to the pharmacy of your choice.