Healthy Eats: Super-Spinach Salad
Looking for a great lunch this week? Try out our recipe for one Super-Spinach Salad. Containing spinach, strawberries, walnuts and blueberries this salad is brimming with antioxidants and goodness!
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Ready in: 10 minutes | Servings: 4
Calories: 303 | Total Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 63mg
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups packaged fresh baby spinach leave
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 ounce semisoft goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Directions for Vinaigrette:
1. In a screw-top jar, combine vinegar, mint, honey, oil, and salt.
2. Cover and shake well. Set-aside for later.
Directions for Salad:
1. In a large bowl, toss together spinach, chicken, strawberries, blueberries, walnuts, and goat cheese.
2. Transfer to salad plates. (Or if you are backing a bag lunch place a portion in a sealable container)
3. Drizzle with vinaigrette and sprinkle with pepper.
This salad can be served as a hearty lunch, or paired with soup for a lighter dinner.
(Recipe courtesy of Diabetic Living)